Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Term 2 - Day 1 - Check out these wonderful learners!

Term 2 - Day 1 is done and dusted! What a fantastic turn out it was from the class at today's hangouts. I was so impressed with the effort that the students put into their learning today. We had a whole class catch up, 2 math groups and then 4 small hangouts throughout the afternoon for those who needed some help.

Some of the students have learnt to add extensions to their chromebooks, namely the grid view for google hangouts and Screencastify and are becoming more confident when presenting their screens to share learning or troubleshoot any tech issues. I really am impressed with our class.

I have read some excellent pieces of writing today presented on google slides and in docs. I have also learnt a lot today thanks to the students who posted their learning on their blogs and Grace who shared her learning with me on a hangout.

Keep up the great work Te Manga!!!



Check out the 'Mission Impossible' video below that is on the topic section of our class site
I have already received a few finished plans and those students are ready to get started!



12 comments:

  1. Love it Te Manga! I’m so excited to see some ‘Passion Projects’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, some of the students have already started their research and Larell is already finished!

      Delete
  2. These Hangouts are awesome just to hear and see kids smile just seeing their teacher a class mates.sharing what they have been doing...and awesome for parents to learn how to use hear Chromebooks...thanks whaea deb and yvette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kyla, I agree. The hangouts have been a great way for all of us to connect. I have been so impressed with the students and they way that they have adapted to learning from home. Thank you too, to you and all our whanau who are supporting the students with their learning at home.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Whaea Deb my passion project is elephants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rely like talking to the class and seing everyone's faces.thank you whaea deb for doing that for us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Tuva, I like talking to everyone too and it's my pleasure :-)

      Delete
  5. The hangouts are so fun i'm going to do kittens

    ReplyDelete
  6. My passion project is cats

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sending through your plan Alani

    ReplyDelete